11880 N Interstate 35, San Antonio, TX 78233
1.1

My wife and I were thinking of buying a car from Carmax but downsizing from two vehicles to one. First, they did not even come close to what we were asking but offered to buy my wife's Tahoe.

I knew what the payoff was in her car and they showed us what they would give us for it. While it was a $1000.00 difference we decided to do the deal. Now we showed them what the payoff was 3 times. Remember there were two vehicles involved with the transaction.

We gave them the money to pay off her car only to be called two days later telling us they made a mistake and we owed an additional $3000.00. I explained it was their mistake, but they came back and said I signed a document that I was responsible for any discrepancies with the amount, none of this was explained to us at any time. Three people were shown the pay off amount of the Tahoe and they showed what they would give us only to come back and say it was not their fault. Needless to say, I will not do business with these crooks anymore.

I got online found the car we wanted through Carvana and got a much better deal and no hassle. Bottom line if you do business with these people read ever line of the contract because they will not admit to any fault of theirs and if you do not ask they damn sure will not disclose any information.

Reason of review: You lie.

Preferred solution: I should not have to pay for your mistake.

Carmax Pros: Sales associate was pleasant.

Carmax Cons: Insincerity, Not honest.

• Waste Of Time