1.4K views 2 comments
Featured Not resolved

Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up!Dropped it off and when I picked it up my pristine rims had scratches and deep metal to metal damage!

All 4 rims were damaged as the result of an un trained mechanic trying to balance wheels he had no clue about! The front bumper looked like it had been hit or rubbed on a car or pole, had to replace a cv axel. But they claim they do a 110 point insp? Never!

Took the car 3 days later to a Mercedes dealership and they said the tires were so out of balance and had weights all over them and the alignment was trashed. Carmax paid the bill on a new alignment and balance job however, I still have damaged rims and a scratched bumper on a pristine car! But as they like to say" it meets Carmax standards". They're standards are so low its sick!

Never do business with them ever again.BEWARE!!!!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Carmax?

Comments

EXKMX

I can second the statement regarding managers instructing techs to disregard needed repairs.Carmax is purging itself of any competent managers with auto experience and replacing them with yes men.

The tech did not use the correct adapters when performing the wheel balance and that caused the damage to your wheels, and also prevented the wheel from being properly balanced.

The max has wheel vendors that can fix your wheels for around $50-60 each but they are to arrogant and afraid to admit fault and pay.

POST YOUR STORY on the car max FB page, preferably during a holiday when their minions are not monitoring it.You'll get a response, I promise!

They actually conduct training with their employees on how to overcome customers who object to the "STANDARDS" that have changed for the worse significantly over the years. They actually train on what to say to customers who point out HUGE chunks of rubber carved out of sidewalls.

Bottom line is that they have pretty much reached capacity in existing stores as far as sales are concerned so the only way to increase profitability is to take $$$ out of the inspection and reconditioning process.

They even run a contest which rewards stores that spend the least $$$ on the inspection and reconditioning of cars.

Mechanics will point out defects and issues with a car they are inspecting and their manager will tell them to "Just let it go" in an effort to reduce $$$ cost.