1.6

I purchased my vehicle on May 6th 2017 and the very next day the check engine light came on. I took the vehicle back to the Oxnard Carmax service dept and they couldn't figure out the issue so I took it to the Toyota dealership.

After a full day at the dealership, they said the problem had been fixed. The very next day the check engine light was back on. I took it back to the Toyota dealership and it has been there for 4 days with no answers in sight. I have been saving for this truck for 8 years and when I pay $31,000 for a 2016 vehicle with less than 19k miles on it, this is what I get?

A lemon? I spoke with the manager at Carmax this morning and she said "if Toyota fixes the truck, we'll throw in a couple free oil changes for your troubles." Really? My wife and I had to take 3 days off work to deal with this, shuffle cars around, Uber to and from work. This is ridiculous.

When I signed the papers I was assured that the vehicle had been thoroughly inspected and was in excellent condition, so then why did it break down on me the very next day? Not good business if you ask me.

I will never go back nor will I refer anyone I know to this place. So thanks Carmax of Oxnard for the worst buying experience of my life.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Toyota Tundra Pickup Truck.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Ever hear of "as is"??? Did you get an independent mechanic inspection?

@Anonymous

The Car would still have a warranty with the manufacture. Something not adding up.

Carmax Reviews