3000 Colonial Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33966
3.4

I purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, trading in my 2013 Hyundai Tucson. For the first 90 days the car was in the shop more than on the road.

Carmax agreed to fix some of the body issues and updated the Navigation software. The engine light came on and Carmax could not fix the problem so they brought it to Galeana Chrysler Jeep. I got the car back and everything seemed fine for a while, but then the engine light came on again. Carmax told me that their service department is backed up and that I should take it to a repair shop off of Martin Luther King Jr.

Blvd. I brought my Jeep there and they could not repair the vehicle because they did not know the meaning of the code that they received from their diagnosis. They told me that the vehicle is leaking oil and windshield washer fluid and that I need to bring it to a Chrysler Jeep dealer. Ironically, Carmax changed the oil in my vehilce about a month or so ago and they did not mention an oil leak to me.

So, it went back to Galeana Chrysler Jeep and they told me the transmission needs to be replaced. So, there it sits a week and a half later waiting for the transmission to come. They still need to resolve the oil leak and leaking of the windshield washer fluid.

Carmax tries to accomodate you to maintain good customer service, but the product that they sell is not very good. My next step is to call Chrysler Jeep Customer Service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Take the vehicle back in trade at the full purchase price to purchase another vehicle..

Carmax Pros: Customer service, Variety of cars, Financing.

Carmax Cons: Product, No call backs.

Comments