1.1

Carmax provides the worst customer service - from the local level all the way up to corporate. Their 'max care' program is a complete scam, they do not have the diagnostic equipment, appropriate tools, trained staff or ability to properly maintain or repair many vehicles they sell (including BMW's).

I have paid off my vehicle financing and have refused to pay for the max care since I have had to take my car elsewhere to be repaired properly yet they are holding my title hostage. These additional repairs have cost me over $3000.00 and only occurred after taking the car to 3 different caramax locations and attempting to take it to a 4th.

Terrible business, atrocious customer service. Avoid them at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Maxcare Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

• Carmax Is A Scam

Comments

Alejandro

I purchased 100000 Max Care Plan with my 2014 Escape only to discover that i was actually covered for about 66,000. According to Car Max the 100,000 was according to the odometer miles.

Since my car had 34,058 and was at 118,000 at the time of repairs I needed to pay the cost of repair.

Never again will I purchase their plan especially at $1790. Lesson learned the hard way

Carmax Reviews