State: Nevada City: Las Vegas Product: Carmax Loan Clear all filters (1 of 32 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Never, Never, Ever go to CARMAX

Henderson, NV Carmax: I thought buying a car at CARMAX was supposed to be easy. The kids were mislead and misunderstood. A salesman named Ben and the other guy they had today didn't bother to be sure that they understood the sales tax not being able to be included in the financing. He assumed that they understood that because they had a Cali address, (even though they only had it because He is USMC), they would have to pay Cali taxes and that those taxes wouldn't be included in the loan. They only had $3000 and they put all of that down on the car never dreaming that Cali taxes could not be included in the financing...even the finance guy RJ didn't bother to explain, it was a total cluster. We were there for 7 hours (yes, SEVEN HOURS) trying to get things right. If I would have had my way, I would have cancelled the deal and gone elsewhere. Thanks to his grandparents, everything was taken care of. I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM CARMAX AND I RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE STAY AWAY AS WELL. I can't say it enough; NEVER, NEVER, EVER GO TO CARMAX.

I agree with those comments below. My god man you actually had to take time out of your day to write this! LOL

Most dealerships are not able to collect taxes for customers who live in other states, unless the state the dealership is in requires the purchaser to pay that state's tax. Example: NV dealerships can't charge a customer from CA the CA sales tax because the dealership is in NV. However, CA dealerships can charge a customer from NV the CA sales tax because they are required to charge every customer CA sales tax regardless of where they live.

Sounds like your kids should have asked more questions and walked when they didn't understand or like what they were hearing.

I bought a car from carmax, changed my mind 4 days later and returned it. It took 2 hours from the minute I walked in, to walking out with a car, and it took 35 minutes to return it. Total time spent, less than 3 hours to buy and return the car, no hassle, no haggle as advertised.

7 hours?

who you crapping?

Mislead?

no, your kid is a ***.

and they never ever want to see you in their store either.

View more comments (2)