Shelby, North Carolina
1.3

Update by user Jan 23

CarMax has made no effort to contact me so I filed a complaint with the BBB, State Attorney Generals office and their CEO. If non of my efforts are fruitful my only recourse is to litigate.

Original review posted by user Dec 24, 2018

I recently purchased a 2015 Infinity Q50 with 7k miles on it from Car Max. Unfortunately it was at night and when I had the chance to look at it closer the next day, I noticed that it had been wrecked.

I was told based on a Car Fax report that it hadn't. I took it back the next day and the agreed to fix the poor painting workmanship. The doors apparently had bondo on them and when I got it back I could still see where it had been repaired. I told them the only way to repair it properly was to replace the door skins but they refused and lied stating that it would diminish the cars value.

They offered me a 8 hour chance to return the car but they had already sold my 2008 Toyota Avalon with 60K miles on it that I sold them for 6k.

I paid a premium price for their car at 26K and got screwed out of my car in trade. I'm now having to litigate against this company.

Preferred solution: Have the car repaired properly or remburse me the money to have it done..

Carmax Cons: Refused to properly repair the vehicle they sold me.

• car never checked thoroughly

Comments

I guess you don't really need a lecture at this point, but I'd bet you will examine your next auto purchase in person and up close. We've all committed errors in judgment regarding cars (even brand new ones) - don't beat yourself too harshly - unfortunately, sometimes that's how we learn important lessons that we remember forever.

Maybe this will help you to avoid an even worse mistake sometime in the future.

I've made a lot of blunders in a lot of subjects but try to learn from it (TRY, that is) and I promise you that I recall clearly and distinctly anything that cost me as much as your issue has you. Better luck !

Willamina
@Tom

It was at night when the car was shown and I still have litigation pending and as far as your comment, put it where the sun don't shine Bud!

#1621943
@Willamina

Not needed Phobic Bud. You post a comment, deal with the comments.

Carmax Reviews