761 Hogan Dr, Newport News, VA 23606, USA

MAY OF 2016....Carmax sold my husband a car with three recalls. The closer talked fast and low so we couldn't hear what she was saying.

We could never have bought a car with one recall much less one with 3 RECALLS. Still trying to get manufactorer to fix it! They are dishonest people at CarMax don't BUY A CAR FROM THEM! I'm writing the head of Mercedes next -- this is crazy riding around daily at risk of serious injury or death.

This is not fair at all. My mom had bought a car from them previously so we thought it was ok -- not so I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE There should be a way to sue CARMAX for their participation in the perpetration of fraud on innocent customers.

They were sure to include a no responsibility clause so you can't sue them. This is just wrong.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mercedes Benz Car.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Preferred solution: provide me with a safe rental car until the car is fixed by the manufacturer.

Comments

I hate to tell you this, but this is extremely common ... and not considered bad practice.

Most dealerships do this, and there's nothing illegal about the practice.

I, myself, have purchased used cars with active and unfixed recalls.

No big deal. Take them to an authorized dealer, have them fixed.

Carmax Reviews