6801 E Frontage Rd, Merriam, KS 66204, USA
2.2

I do not like how you are taking care of service work on my vehicle. You tell me its covered under my max care warrenty. Then you call me an want $400 more for these same parts.

I brought my vehicle in because the service light was on. I was told that was covered. I was told the Mass Air flow sensor was covered. I told them when I came in I replaced the sensor when the light and code came on. They told me they sometimes have to be reprogramed. Know they are telling me because someone changed the bad senor part they are not going to fix it.

You have had my vehicle since before Christmas of 2018.

Any other repair shop would of used the Warranty I purchase and made the customer happy. Not weaseled their way out.

I thought a Warranty and the customer was what was important to CarMax.

I will be contacting Action News on this. I wonder how may others have been treated like this by CarMax.

As for the service rep. " I should be happy what I did get covered"

He told me he would take care of it. But now all get are excuses.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Carmax Cons: Being lied to.

Comments

We bought a 2008 Cadillac SRX in 2010 at this location and got the extended warranty. Over the course of the year we owned it it had spent 35 days in the shop for multiple drive train issues totaling $3800 .

We didn't get charged a penny and they provided a car for us every time. The service department was great, Brandon was our service manager. I would definitely buy there again even though we got a problem car.

I traded the car in after 12 months and got reimbursed for 2/3 of our warranty purchase price. So our experience was great, albeit many years ago.

I'm reviewing how customers have been treated with Warrenty Issues. I'm in the middle of a purchase with Carmax - due to the large number of negative reviews i've cancelled the Carmax Extended Warrenty and will go through Ford Dealership. There's another issue : being pushed to purchase the extended warrenty at the time of the sale (no time to compare) - no one said I could purchase straight through Ford after purchasing the vechicle.

Extended warranties are not extended warranties. Do not fall for this song and dance.

They are like insurance companies, Delay and Deny. Save your money and get things fixed your way by the personnel of your choice.

Carmax Reviews