2.6

In Gastonia, NC my son and I contacted Carmax by phone to see if we could purchase a car. After providing all our incomes and also a pre-approval from capital one the salesmen Marc did not input all of the financial information we provided.

When we arrived he did not request to see any of the documentation I had on the desk. He sat in his chair for up to 20 mins doing nothing.

He knew the make and model of the car we wanted to purchase and all he had to do was input the information in front of him -- however, he seemed to be reluctant in doing just that until I stated 3 times if he was going to start the process of inputting the information.

I had purchased a car from them just last year. I have never been late with my payments and had no issues with presenting my income information at that time.

He cited the following:

1. He needed to see an actual uncashed employment check even though we had the printouts of the check stubs from the company. Because he never heard of the company.

2. He did not enter income from restaurant service income because he nor his supervisor understood how to read the check stubs for a person that gets their pay from gratuities. Even when the checks showed the gratuities were consistent.

3. Refused to use an income because the blank page 4 were not printed out with it and personal information that was not concerning the purchase was blacked out. The document provided the income and went back a full year. Marc stated he had to be able to read all of my personal information to determine if he could use it or not.

4. He also entered a lower amount for one of the incomes then what the document stated.

Without telling us he was only to submit it -- HE DID.

WITHOUT TELLING US HE DID NOT ENTER ALL THE INFORMATION --- NOR THE REASON WHY HE DIDN'T.

HE READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT ON ALL OUR DOCUMENTATIONS.

I was upset with him because he did not inform us he decided not to use most of our income because of his personal viewpoint of lack of understanding on how to read the information provided or that we needed to verify established banks documents in the area.

I told him I didn't appreciate him running the information without informing us he had omitted much of the income needed to purchase the car.

that by him doing so lowered by credit rating and would cause me to have to pay higher interest when I do find another place to purchase a car.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: He should not work there. He did much of nothing and I felt it was on a personal level. .

Carmax Cons: Salesman was slow, Marc acted as if he didnt want to work, Failed to have knowledge of what was needed, Requested personal information that was not required.

Comments