State: Kansas City: Overland Park Product: Carmax Customer Care Clear all filters (1 of 47 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

CARMAX Service Sucks!

I'd been working with a sales associate at the KC office and test drove a vehicle with him earlier in the week. I called back yesterday to have him answer some additional questions. He never returned my call. I called back today and the sales guy answering the phone couldn't tell me who had been helping me, but did find my name in the system. He laughed smugly when I indicated I didn't know who I left the message with yesterday. Apparently I am supposed to ask the person taking the message what his name is?? Regardless, I proceeded to ask him my questions since the sales associate did not call me back. He was rude, unhelpful and smug. When I asked him a simple rate assumption based on excellent credit (and preceded it indicating I realize he can't tell me what it is) he instantly got defensive and said he could not tell me a rate because he didn't know what it was. I re-iterated that I realized he could not tell me "the" rate, I was just curious what the ranges were. He said they could be 1% - 30%. So I said again, someone with excellent credit may receive a 30% interest rate? He said he couldn't tell me that. I said that is outlandish and you basically don't want to answer my question. Any bank can tell you what the RANGE is with good credit for an auto loan. He did not want to help me, it was obvious and was completely RUDE to me. I didn't even finish asking all my questions and told him I was done speaking with him because of the poor customer service I've been receiving. I am never buying another car here. I told him as such as he said "ok" and could care less. Nice hiring CARMAX. The sales guys are jerks!
Review
Service
Carmax Customer Care
Cons
  • Horrible customer service
Reason of review