State: Illinois City: Elmhurst Product: Carmax Sales Representative Clear all filters (1 of 20 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Carmax in Elmhurst, Illinois - Bait and Switch on agreed service

Upon a recent purchase of a 2008 Town and Country Mini Van from the Glencoe Carmax, I had my own mechanic look the vehicle over. He commented that the air filter was dirty and that the brakes were down to 4 mm and would need replacement sooner than I would like. He suggested asking Carmax to take care of these 2 items especially considering the cost of the vehicle. I spoke to Carmax within the 5 day purchase period and explained what my mechanic had stated. I was told (or at least given the impression) that they would make good on both the brakes and the air filter. An appointment was set and I assumed all was well until I arrived this morning for my appointment. The mechanic informed me that the brakes were fine as far as he was concerned and that they didn't have the air filter in stock. This was stated without even checking the brakes. Why didn't they call me and save me the 40 minute trip to their facility. I told the head of service that this had been arranged over a week ago. Why didn't they have filter ready? I spoke with the corporate office and the customer service representative agreed that I was definitely mislead into thinking that the brakes would be covered. However, he would not honor the service. I asked what happened to the good old days of the customer being right and honoring one's word. I was simply given a lame response of "I'm sorry and I understand how you would have assumed the brakes would be done". Also, I was told that the filter was to be sent to another location and that I could pick it up there. Thanks Carmax. This is the second and last vehicle I will purchase from your company and the last time I will refer colleagues and friends to your dealerships. That $190.00 brake job that you promised but later refused will cost much more to you in the long run in lost sales. Too bad customer service has gone by the wayside.
Review
#190785 Review #190785 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service