State: Georgia City: Stone Mountain Product: Carmax Trade-in Clear all filters (1 of 37 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Carmax Buyers Beware

I recently went and looked at a vehicle at Carmax, of course I did my homework and checked out everything I possibly could. Even their auto. I really wasn't intending to buy and didn't, but, this is how bad Carmax is with their "No Haggle" pricing.. First my auto; is in great shape and I fairly checked it on Nada and KBB, as should you, always. My auto was ranging from $14,550.00 to $14,725.00 Trade-in value,not retail. They tried to offer $10,000. It retails for $18000+. Second, their auto; it retails,not trade in, from $10,450 to $11,625.00. Their "No haggle" is $13,998. Its trade-in is from 6,575 to 7,350. Now this would leave me $4000 negative on my loan now to "roll over" to the new loan and make it a total of $17998 plus tax tag title and all the other fees which would make to close to $19,000 for a vehicle that retails for $11,000 and trades at $7000+ and if I ever wanted to trade that in, then I am close to 12,000 negative equity. You figure it out. Buyers Beware

We received your complaint at our Corporate Office. We would like to discuss your experience with you. Please call us at 800-519-1511, Monday-Friday 8:30am-8:00pm (EST).

I am so glad i found this site and all these complaints. The systemic corruption, shoddy workmanship, and customer service nightmare stories sound more truthful than the rebuttals that are CLEARLY from corporate hacks.

No one defends a company on a consumer advocate website unless they have a vested interest.

I was looking at a Mercedes and a Lexus online on the carmax site, but now i know that even I don't make enough money to throw it away on undermaintained or questionable vehicles.

Yes. Buyer beware of a car dealership who posts all their prices up front.

Oh and also beware of a dealer who pays all their salesmen the same amount no matter what the call sells for.

Also buyer beware of a free written offer.

Wait, what?

Well if KBB and NADA say it then it must be true. If you want the ACTUAL 1-800 number for NADA to buy your car please reply back. It's legit

View more comments (3)