Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Wanted to buy a 2016 Yukon Denali for 60k.Paid $799 transfer fee over the phone with a sales rep.

I requested 2 walk arounds to ensure there were no scratches or flaws. Was informed of curb rash on front rim. No other issues were identified. I specifically asked about refunding the fee if there were problems not identified during the walk around.

The sales rep assured me it would not be a problem if there were issues with the truck. The Yukon arrived and after a 125 point inspection I was told the truck was ready for viewing. Today I saw the truck. There were two cracks in the windshield missed during inspection that were a safety hazard, a chunk missing from one tire, scratches, issues with two other rims, raised interior carpeting with missing velco, and chipped paint on the front.

I still test drove the truck with the sales rep because the vehicle was over the amount allowed for a "drive alone". Ok, I'm ready to spend 60k (already approved financing with 7k as a down payment) and already paid $799 for shipping, but I can't be trusted to drive 5 miles alone.... While driving, the vibrations were so terrible the entire vehicle was shaking. I decided not to buy the Yukon.

Instead I was ready to sign papers for a 2016 Navigator for 50k including 1300 to replace interior leather seats. Before signing, I asked about the refund for the transfer fee and immediately received resistance. The "manager" who had worse customer service skills than a Walmart Greeter, began reeling off excuses and the "policy" for issuing refunds. It went downhill from there...

Here's my problem, the transaction was made over the phone with NO disclosures about terms for refunds. However, when processing the finance app she spent 10 minutes explaining the extended warranty. After spending 4 hours at Carmax and thinking I would be driving home a nice pre-owned truck, I left without buying anything!

I would never even consider buying a vehicle from that unscrupulous place.Buyers beware.

Review about: Carmax Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Carmax?

Comments