On July 16,2017 I went to the car max in Burbank California looking to purchase a car.I found a white Grand Jeep Cherokee and fell in love with it.

I went looking for the salesman that first acknowledged my husband and I when we first walked in. We told him that we were interested in buying this particular car. He then went to check to see if the car was available he came back to let us know that the car was being held for another customer until Tuesday. We understood that it was on hold so decided to keep looking.

The following week I called the agency and spoke to a different salesman (I can't recall his name) he stated that the car was now on hold for this customer but now I was told it was being held until Thursday. Again we understood. When we called on Thursday they told my husband that the car was on hold for this customer until Friday 8 PM. On Friday we were on our way to dinner when the salesman we spoke to at Carmax called my husband letting him know that the car was now available because the other customer did not qualify.

We got excited and started running my credit over the phone I was approved! All of a sudden Ike tells me he needs to give me a call back. When he called me back he told me that the customer they had been holding the car for came back in stating that she had $9000 down payment and a co-signer. I told him that I didn't think this was fair because not only did she have enough time to buy the car but he had now ran my credit and I was left without a car.

How is this fair?!! He stated that the customer couldn't show proof that she had the money until now, but unfortunately he couldn't do anything about it.

He apologized and stated that unfortunately the sales manager had given this customer another chance until Monday at 8 PM.What a terrible experience, I was left without a car and a hard-hit on my credit!!

Review about: Carmax Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Carmax?

Comments