"Car max misrepresents itself" Car max does not really take your car as a trade in... They buy cars and then if you want to buy from them you pay taxes on the full amount, but they only offer you wholesale/auction trade in value.

And they stated that the price will reflect the demand in your area. You pay taxes on the full price of the vehicle that you are buying. There is no tax benefit to dealing with car max. You are better off going to any other kind of dealer.

They wanted someone that is not on my insurance to drive my car around before they would even give me a estimated appraisal. Are they crazy? I told them that they can give me a price and then if it is even close then they could drive it, they said absolutely not. Also, don't believe that they transfer in cars from locations for free for you to look at.

It is a fee of $499.00 and if it is further than that it is $999.00 and it is non refundable. We dealt with Jarrett at the Richmond, VA location.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Trade-in.

Comments