Beaverton, Oregon

I've never bought a car from a dealership before so I was relieved that this transaction went as smoothly as it did....UNTIL:

~ My credit union told me that they were baffled by the interest I was being charged by Carmax. My credit rating at that point was 745, Carmax wanted to charge me 8.5%, the Credit union = 2.3%!! (Thankfully, I had time to switch finance companies.)

~I've owned my 2013 for 9 months now, after regular maintenance, this was the second oil change(Oil Can Henry's)that I was told there was a significant amount of oil all over the engine and that they couldn't pinpoint the leak. I took my car to the Ford dealership and they looked up the service records....my car had a rear main seal replaced in May, (two months before I bought it) and now it's back at the Ford dealership having a second rear main seal replaced. Never, at the time of sale, was it ever mentioned that there had been an issue previously.

I feel cheated and taken advantage of!

Not going back to Carmax, EVER!

Hope this serves as a warning to others. BEWARE...when it seems too easy, something IS sketchy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Oil Change.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Carmax Cons: Non-disclosure, Being taken advantage of, Being stuck with a car i no longer want.

Comments

Turns out the whole engine basically had to be resealed.

Thankfully it was still under the manufacturers warranty!!

Carmax Reviews