11450 Alpharetta Hwy, Roswell, GA 30076

I am SERIOUSLY done with CarMax. Over the past 15 years, I have purchased 4 vehicles and have never had an issue as I currently experienced in my last purchase.

A few months ago, I purchased a BMW 328i for a second vehicle. The BMW 328i did not have many miles on it and I happen to like the year and model 3 Series. I am a previous owner of the BMW 3 Series and I thought I made a very good purchase as the Carfax checked out great. However, the day of my purchase the check engine light came on and I was concerned as the CarMax dealership was over an hour away from my home and I was literally almost home.

Not to mention, that it was evening rush hour traffic in Atlanta, and I was trying to get back home. The next Day I dropped off the vehicle to a nearby BMW Dealership and got a phone call later that day from the BMW Dealership. I received a printout of an extensive diagnostic report that the BMW 328i needed almost $3k worth of services on the vehicle (nothing major).

I informed CarMax Alpharetta / Roswell, where I purchased the BMW 328i, and was informed that CarMax would be doing all the work since my CarMax Extended Warranty MaxCare had not kicked in since the vehicle was just purchased a few days prior. The following Monday I dropped off the BMW to CarMax Alpharetta / Roswell and was given a loaner car.

I literally had the loaner car for about 2 weeks since it took that long for the BMW to be serviced. Now 3 months later while driving the BMW 328i during a beautiful day in Atlanta Metro area the check engine light is on again and I literally drove over an hour to the CarMax Alpharetta / Roswell. Upon arriving at the CarMax Service Center, I was asked if I had an appointment and I said No. I explained that the Service Engine Soon light came on and I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything serious.

I was told that I needed to Schedule an appointment and the earliest appointment would be in a week or 7 days.

I’m literally stunned that I’m watching 4 people sit on their *** and could not assist me in getting a Service Engine Soon code read for me just to make sure it wasn’t anything serious. I’m so F@#kn done with CarMax….

Comments