Woonsocket, Rhode Island
1.5K views

Ok where do I start. First off I drive for Lyft and Uber.

Anyway, call Carmax about a car I had seen online that I was interested in buying. When the salesman asked me what I would be using the car for I told him rideshare. He told me that Carmax will not finance anyone who does rideshare ok fine so I got a better deal on a loan at another bank. Also, they scam you into buying this maintenance plan that is just about useless for a couple grand.

But here is the kicker if you use your car for rideshare the maintenance plan you paid over two grand for is null and void. Of course they tell you this after you have purchased the maintenance plan. So then I go to have the tint removed from my windows. The body shop had to take the door panels off to get to the whole window.

While in there the mirror adjuster broke because it had been glued together half ***. Also my windshield washer fluid pump went out. So I took it there they had told me that I had a 90 day warranty not so much it was 30 days so nothing was covered. So I bring it there they "fix" the washer fluid pump and the next day it isn't working again.

If you live in New England you know that you need washer fluid to get all the salt off the windshield while you are driving. Not to mention I almost wasn't able to pick up my car because of a computer glitch. The service advisor told me that they could keep the car if the computer wouldn't release it.Correct me if I'm wrong but This is *** because legally a mechanic can't hold on to your car without your permission. If you take the car and don't pay a lein will be put on your title until you pay in full.

So I am still fighting with these people to be continued.... If anyone from Carmax would like to contact me my e-mail is rpc575@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Loan.

Reason of review: I was lied to about the absolutely worthless service plan I was sold.

Carmax Pros: Showroom, Vehicle selection, Customer service.

Carmax Cons: Lies.

• Small claims court
  • Don t let 150 pt inspection fool y

Comments

Meshelle

I have had the same experience at carmax, now they wont sale you a car if you drove for Uber, they need to be sued class action style.......

Carmax Reviews