1.5
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought a 2011 Buick Regal from CarMax in Sanford, Florida in March of 2014. Maybe 6 months after purchase, I began having problems with parts, including sensors, cables, computer issues, etc. (I'm not savvy as far as the names of the parts that were needing repair.) Since owning the car, I've been to the CarMax service center 15+ times. Many times, they have had to send my car to the nearest GM dealership since my car was still covered under GM warranty.

Now that I am over my mileage limit for the GM warranty, I am now using my extended warranty plan to cover all of these recurring repairs. Two weeks ago, I had to put in a whole new TRANSMISSION into my car. It only has 56,000 miles on it. How is this even possible?!?!

This morning, I woke up to my car being unable to shift into drive. I had had enough so I called Buick's corporate line to complain about my vehicle. This is what they told me:

The first owner of my car never got it serviced by a GM dealership according to their records (2010 - 2014.) They only saw records of my repairs and incidents beginning in 2014. I guess this means that CarMax's inhouse repair system does not report anything to GM, which sucks and is very sneaky on their part. CarMax just tries to "patch" things up to sell it instead of really addressing an issue and fixing it outright.

They also said that because I did not purchase my car from a GM certified dealer and I am no longer covered under GM warranty, there is NOTHING they can do. I will have to consult with CarMax to figure out if my car is defective. WTH?!? I am traumatized right now.

I don't even want to go back to deal with CarMax because I might end up causing a scene. I want out of this car and I know that they will basically try to keep me locked in with them by offering a whack *** trade in offer. I hate them and I wish I never bought a car from them.

I am also upside down with this car; its only worth a third of what I currently owe on it.

MY ADVICE IS TO STAY THE *** AWAY FROM CARMAX. Go to a real dealership. If you are buying used, make sure that it is a certified-used vehicle.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Carmax. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Carmax to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was difficult to contact service department and quality of my vehicle. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Carmax and carmax car repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments