San Diego, California

A few months into owning my vehicle I noticed that water and air were coming in through the passenger door. I took my vehicle to the dealership, using my extended warranty, and was informed that the vehicle had been in an accident as the paint was not a perfect match and the door was mis-alligned.

CarMax denied this, but fixed the problem. A few weeks later I discovered via the dealership that the suspension link on the same side was bent. CarMax refused to look at the car again and accused the dealership of trying t make money off of me. I love my car and just want it fixed.

The $750 repair price tag is not in my budget and I feel compelled to disclose upon its eventual sale that the vehicle may have been in an accident. Very disappointed in CarMax overlooking and then not fixing such an issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Rielly
#1198907

I bought a BMW from Carmax last year - just found out had been in prior accident when I looked to trade in at BMW dealership. Very disappointing, and looking into legal remedies since I'm an attorney.

Was you car in prior accident that Carmax did not disclose?

Please contact me - I'm also in San Diego.

sbarryrsf@gmail.com