CarMax 2007 Saab Had Rust & Extensive Salt Water Damage
I wish I had discovered this website before I had a horrifying car buying experience with CarMax. I didn't know this was the way car buying was supposed to be.
CarMax also sold me a flooded vehicle. It was a 2007 Saab that had extensive salt water damage, rust and corrosion. The vehicle had also been in a rear-end collision, which was never disclosed to me during the purchasing process.
I discovered all of this extensive damage when I decided on a hunch, and for my piece of mind, to have a lemon-buster auto inspector evaluate the 2007 Saab that I had recently purchased, which happened to be after the five day cut off, but before the 30 day warranty had expired.
After the auto inspector finished telling me all the things that were wrong with the vehicle and showing me all the salt water damage, rust on the motor mounts and corrosion on all the wiring, I almost had a heart attack. Never mind the fact that I had recently lost my husband from cancer, so he was not available to help me buy a vehicle. I trusted CarMax and they sold me a lemon.
I took the inspector's report to them and returned the vehicle. They tried to convince me that the damage was normal and that I should keep it. I told them if this vehicle is ok, then I want to sell it back to you.
I had to call corporate on them and show them what this weeping widow was made of. Only then, did they do the right thing and allow me to select another vehicle. Of course I paid to have the other vehicle inspected and it passed my inspection.
I got a great deal and now I'm loving my new Pathfinder, and I'm glad I didn't get stuck with the rusted and corroded Saab. As a matter of fact, all the other Saabs that I looked at also had salt water damage and rust.
I learned a valuable lesson from this experience. When shopping at CarMax you should keep in mind that you are not buying bells and whistles. They are incidentals. You are buying what's under the hood. If you aren't knowlegeable, have the vehicle inspected immediately after you drive it off the lot.
If you discover problems, have them repair it and return the vehicle if you don't want it and get another vehicle or a refund (if that's possible).
I also purchased a warranty from CarMax, but from everything that I have learned from this website, there is no way I am going to allow them to touch my vehicle. I will have my vehicle serviced by my personal mechanic and pay a higher deductible. It will be worth it to me.
All potential CarMax Buyers should beware of their scams, lemons and unscrupulous sales practices.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "I bought a 2011 Mustang gt from carmax for not even two months down the road my clutch started acting up. Then I took it to car max and they..."
- " As this company has elected to maintain a business relationship with Transamerican Auto Parts, d.b.a., its quality of tires and service have become substandard. Consumer Complaint Agencieshttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asphttp://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Make : *** CEPEKModel..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "I recently purchased sofa and chair cushions for my 13 year old Gloster Teak Ventura model furniture. This company advertised “Cushions Made to Fit Gloster Teak Ventura Sofa Replacement..."
- "IS Anton Nocito a "fake chef"He owns and operates P&H Soda Syrups fromhis Flushing Queens Apt.NOCITO'S Apt is NOT an FDA approved kitchennor is it approve by NYC Dept of..."
- "I purchased an engagment ring set advertising 1 cttw. When I received it, of course I was a little sceptical since I got the engagement set for so cheap and..."