I wish I had discovered this website before I had a horrifying car buying experience with CarMax. I didn't know this was the way car buying was supposed to be.
CarMax also sold me a flooded vehicle. It was a 2007 Saab that had extensive salt water damage, rust and corrosion. The vehicle had also been in a rear-end collision, which was never disclosed to me during the purchasing process.
I discovered all of this extensive damage when I decided on a hunch, and for my piece of mind, to have a lemon-buster auto inspector evaluate the 2007 Saab that I had recently purchased, which happened to be after the five day cut off, but before the 30 day warranty had expired.
After the auto inspector finished telling me all the things that were wrong with the vehicle and showing me all the salt water damage, rust on the motor mounts and corrosion on all the wiring, I almost had a heart attack. Never mind the fact that I had recently lost my husband from cancer, so he was not available to help me buy a vehicle. I trusted CarMax and they sold me a lemon.
I took the inspector's report to them and returned the vehicle. They tried to convince me that the damage was normal and that I should keep it. I told them if this vehicle is ok, then I want to sell it back to you.
I had to call corporate on them and show them what this weeping widow was made of. Only then, did they do the right thing and allow me to select another vehicle. Of course I paid to have the other vehicle inspected and it passed my inspection.
I got a great deal and now I'm loving my new Pathfinder, and I'm glad I didn't get stuck with the rusted and corroded Saab. As a matter of fact, all the other Saabs that I looked at also had salt water damage and rust.
I learned a valuable lesson from this experience. When shopping at CarMax you should keep in mind that you are not buying bells and whistles. They are incidentals. You are buying what's under the hood. If you aren't knowlegeable, have the vehicle inspected immediately after you drive it off the lot.
If you discover problems, have them repair it and return the vehicle if you don't want it and get another vehicle or a refund (if that's possible).
I also purchased a warranty from CarMax, but from everything that I have learned from this website, there is no way I am going to allow them to touch my vehicle. I will have my vehicle serviced by my personal mechanic and pay a higher deductible. It will be worth it to me.
All potential CarMax Buyers should beware of their scams, lemons and unscrupulous sales practices.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "Iknow i got mine today my rack doesn't even fit! i followed instructions verywell because i wanna make sure before i drive my car with that thing on my roof..."
- "Someone with Fred Loya insurance totaled my truck (December 2013). They took 100% liability and I had a very fair check in my hands 2 weeks later. The Fred Loya..."
- "I bought a dress that looks NOTHING like the dress in the picture and it was missing the neck tie to even be able to wear it! Seller won't..."
- "We purchased the Cindy Crawford, "Crosby Street" feather sectional in May of 2015. I didn't realize that I was buying a hazardous couch until the first time I sat on..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."