CarMax 2007 Saab Had Rust & Extensive Salt Water Damage
I wish I had discovered this website before I had a horrifying car buying experience with CarMax. I didn't know this was the way car buying was supposed to be.
CarMax also sold me a flooded vehicle. It was a 2007 Saab that had extensive salt water damage, rust and corrosion. The vehicle had also been in a rear-end collision, which was never disclosed to me during the purchasing process.
I discovered all of this extensive damage when I decided on a hunch, and for my piece of mind, to have a lemon-buster auto inspector evaluate the 2007 Saab that I had recently purchased, which happened to be after the five day cut off, but before the 30 day warranty had expired.
After the auto inspector finished telling me all the things that were wrong with the vehicle and showing me all the salt water damage, rust on the motor mounts and corrosion on all the wiring, I almost had a heart attack. Never mind the fact that I had recently lost my husband from cancer, so he was not available to help me buy a vehicle. I trusted CarMax and they sold me a lemon.
I took the inspector's report to them and returned the vehicle. They tried to convince me that the damage was normal and that I should keep it. I told them if this vehicle is ok, then I want to sell it back to you.
I had to call corporate on them and show them what this weeping widow was made of. Only then, did they do the right thing and allow me to select another vehicle. Of course I paid to have the other vehicle inspected and it passed my inspection.
I got a great deal and now I'm loving my new Pathfinder, and I'm glad I didn't get stuck with the rusted and corroded Saab. As a matter of fact, all the other Saabs that I looked at also had salt water damage and rust.
I learned a valuable lesson from this experience. When shopping at CarMax you should keep in mind that you are not buying bells and whistles. They are incidentals. You are buying what's under the hood. If you aren't knowlegeable, have the vehicle inspected immediately after you drive it off the lot.
If you discover problems, have them repair it and return the vehicle if you don't want it and get another vehicle or a refund (if that's possible).
I also purchased a warranty from CarMax, but from everything that I have learned from this website, there is no way I am going to allow them to touch my vehicle. I will have my vehicle serviced by my personal mechanic and pay a higher deductible. It will be worth it to me.
All potential CarMax Buyers should beware of their scams, lemons and unscrupulous sales practices.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Return policy has a restocking fee. I'm out of $17.25 It's the priciple that I'm upset about. Don't sell a product calling it a chip for $75, when in reality..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "The short version is : Steve Nemish, the owner of No Mar Tire Changers, came to my home to show my how to use their Pro model machine and..."
- "I ended buy buying over $200,000 in silver bars from Apmex late last year and early this yerar, after about $75,000 to $100,000 in purchases I was called and sought..."
- "I did not find all the bad reviews before ordering a ATV 150cc for my Daughter for Xmas. Kind of wish I had.The company does not live up to warranty..."
- "Here is what I just sent them. I doubt I will get a response... "I ordered a dress and a skirt based off the pictures you have on your website and..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."