Car max screwed me again!!

On Sunday November 14, 2010 I found a 2008 Lexus 470 on their website in California. I called to purchase the vehicle and since i live in nearby las Vegas they agreed to ship it to the Henderson Nevada Car MAX store.

I said i wanted to make sure the vehicle was not sold. They said no problem I could buy it here in Las vegas. I offered to put money down on the vehicle and Paul at Car Max Las Vegas said don't worry it would be held and delivered for me to test drive and buy it. I got a call today on November 19, 2010 and he said they sold the car and never shiped it.

these guys need to be investigated gy the States Attorney General for their behavior. !!!!!!

Comments

Dr Phil does indeed work for carmax. I can tell because he is an ***.

A coward that hides behind a keyboard. He would never have the Kinards to tell his opinion to your face.

His type always goes down the corporate pole to go up the corporate ladder. Right, ***?

@carmaxcaneata***

He does work for carmax, as soon as he said go "flip burgers" I knew right away. It seems corporate and managers use that phrase often like little robots would.

Dr Phil can talk all he wants, the consumers will find out quick enough what carmax is about.

He does not even realize how unprofessional he sounds with his posts!! Ya have to laugh at these clowns!

@Frankie S

The term 'flip burgers,' has been used for decades in nearly every aspect of social life.

I'm not busting on you.

Someone has to make my burger. It may as well be you.

@Dr Phil

Well thanks so much for your history lesson, Doc Phil! I am certainly not going to make your burger though, because I am home smoking a cigar and laughing that you have to go watch smartclips and take snow off the cars! Your point about carmax is what?

@Dr Phil

Hey Doc, its time for me to move on, and you are just old hat stuff now.

@carmaxcaneata***

I guess part of this is true.

I met your mom on the keyboard, and she likes going up and down on my corporate pole.

@Dr Phil

My mom passed away a few years ago, she was 86. If you allow an 86 year old wonderful mom to go up and down on your pole , you have issues, just like I thought you would.

Typical carmax guy. Typical used car salesman that cant do much else in life. Pathetic you.

I take no offense to your comment, but I will let others read what you say and they can judge for themselves. 8)

@Dr Phil

Keep making carmax look bad Doc, this is my intention. The joke is on you.

@Frankie S

The comment about mom actually wasn't directed at you ring. I understand neither reading nor comprehension is your strong suit, so no hard feelings.

One thing I find amusing is that if your mom was 86, this would likely make you somewhere around 50 years of age or more. Perhaps you should get off this website and begin researching reverse mortgages, AARP, or social security benefits? I'm sure it would be more in your best interests to do so.

While you're at it, research TROLLING and realize what's happened to you! :grin

@Dr Phil

You know, I realized that your comment wasn't directed at me, but I had sent off my reply too soon. So my next question is did someone else's mom go up and down your corporate pole?

I will not get off this website, and I will research what I want to research.

The bottom line is consumers are posting on here because of one thing, and that is poor quality vehicles and poor customer service, resulting in complaints. It's pretty simple to understand, so stop wasting your breath on me.

@Dr Phil

Another thing, what gives carmax the right to tell sales associates to go do something, when then dont pay them? They tell you to go watch your smartclips, or do your Kompass survey, or you have to listen to your recorded calls, or you have to take lunch now, or go lock up the vehicles, or do a roleplay, or lets do a huddle, or can you cover so and so in the e-office, or it's time for your file review!

I am not there to take orders and work for free! carmax takes advantage of the sales consultants, and the turnover will prove me right.

@carmaxcaneata***

Hey carmaxcaneatadick, I see Doc does not like to be ganged up on. I see we can push his buttons.

The truth will always get to people and make them upset. I love this site.

Frankie S

Hi, welcome to carmax, our vehicles go through a 125 point inspection and a 12 hour minumum reconditioning process ( not detailed) and we have quality vehicles, low prices, and a great selection. The selection is good, the prices are adjusted to the condition of the vehicle, so it's not fair to say the prices are good.

The quality of the vehicles are below average. Now if carmax fixed all the problems in each vehicle, then I would say they are quality vehicles. There is no excuse to sell vehicles that still need repairs. carmax WANTS THE CUSTOMER TO BUY THE VEHICLE, THEN BRING IT BACK UNDER THE 30 DAYS.

Many times, the customers end up past the 30 days and then ends up paying out of pocket, or paying the ESP (extended service plan) deductable. I have heard many customers say that carmax did not fix it correctly the first time, and then THE CUSTOMERS HAVE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. This is why problems snowball at carmax, because the vehicles are not ready to be sold unless they are 100% completely fixed. Many of these vehicles are fleets and rentals, and everyone knows the abuse these vehicles go through.

I would not want carmax fixing my vehicle, its like the fox guarding the hen house.

I wonder if you made it past the 3rd grade?

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. Did you pay for anything? Nope.

Quit whining.

@Dr Phil

Another sarcastic comment by a carmax employee, right Dr Phil? It may sound *** to you, but for a customer who wants a certain vehicle and was told it would be shipped and ready for a test drive, it is certainly is bad BUSINESS for carmax!

How ironic that you are Dr Phil, and need a Dr. yourself for not understanding a customers complaint!

I would say carmax corporate comments are the *** ones. This website is for complaints Dr Phil, not for your silly comments that dont make sense.

@Dr Phil

Can you imagine a carmax person asking 967555 if they made it past 3rd grade? Would a 3rd grader want to have a car transfered and then test drive it?

You Dr Phil are one arrogant, ignorant, ruthless SOB!! I despise people like you.

:cry

@Dr Phil

So you dont work for carmax, but you are bashing a legitamate complaint by someone who has a problem with carmax? Hmmmmm, sounds like you are a complete lunatic, or a liar Doc Phil!

@Dr Phil

If you do work for carmax, then I could see you being a liar, because someone who is honest only lasts for so long at carmax. Money is the most important thing in the life of a used car salesman, becaause they cant do anything honest in life.

@Dr Phil

Glad you really like reading my comments Phil. Actually, I was a sales consultant, and I decided to leave that unprofessional company.

You see, I am not like most folks that put up with ***, so I leave when I am not happy.

Many folks stay at a job they hate, but just dont have the b@ll$ to leave. Now you need to go watch some smartclips and listen to your calls, so you can be a better employee!

Carmax Reviews