Carmax has the potential to be a great company, but the managers who run certain stores destroy it by far. Store 7107 with Operations Manager and his management team are by far close to a communist regime. I've seen great employees leave or get wrongly fired because they stood up to the management team or operation manager. The cool line or associate help line is all BS; it's used to find who is complaining and to be retaliated against. The management team seems to be a whole bunch of people who were nobodies in high school or have been bullied back in the past and are taking it out all on us. They are control freaks also, micro managing to the fullest. They don't want human beings who think for themselves or stand up for themselves, they want robots.

How can a manager in operations tell a Tech how to do his or her job? And not be a certified Tech at that. Whoever created the standards for passing and failing inspecting vehicles needs to be fired. I've seen breaks on cars, and tires that should have been changed. I seen broken seals that needed to be replaced, they are more concerned about their numbers and how many hours a Tech can make on fixing these cars. I predict a law suit one day, when a customer's breaks give out and an accident happens. All because they wanted to reach their numbers or the wonderful standards, which is a crock. I think someone in Corporate has nothing else to do but to make our jobs harder. That's another problem; the managers always try to fix a system not broken.

I can write forever on this. All I can say is that associates are reaching their breaking points. It's like we are trapped in another dimension. The company needs a great change, needs to go back to being family oriented. But that's all a dream.

Now I know why Unions are coming around. But I'm sure one of the Carmax Corporate goons or snitching managers are going to come on this post to discredit us. Go ahead and try, because we all know what type of people we are dealing with. So I say, spread the word and fight back.

Comments

As a former employee, I can say not only is their management style very arrogant, but their business practices as well.Talk about "low, no haggle pricing" I call BS, their vehicles are outrageously overpriced.

I remember one "SmartClip" covering an objection where a customer found the same exact vehicle at a nearby lot for $3000 less. I went over the dialogue and thought BS, in MD all used cars have to go through a 120pt inspection by law, overemphasizing the 125 point inspection is annoying.

Obviously, Carmax needs to stop living in the 1980's and realize we are in the internet age, customers are more well informed and will turn to the internet for all buying decisions and realize their "lowest, no haggle price" is not at all competitive with what other dealers are offering.Word of advice, do better market research, understand your customers and your competitors, if you don't study your competitors, you will lose customers.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #722373

I will say it again, any company that pays mechanics to find problems with a vehicle should be handed over to the mob, and see how fast that would change. folliard is really asking for trouble.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #722224

I agree 7150 is no different then what everyone else has posted. Jeremy forrest is a wolf in sheeps clothes. I hate working for carmax!

North Attleborough, Massachusetts, United States #689280

So carmax store 7107 is the worst. Anyone know what store is the 2nd worst?

Eastchester, New York, United States #689075

Where is the work/life balance working at carmax?5 out of 6 weekends is CERTAINLY NOT A BALANCE by any means.

You sales people are being manipulated by this evil company.

Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.You all are miserable and you need to face up to it and admit it!

Eastchester, New York, United States #689074

I think all carmax stores suck!

Eastchester, New York, United States #688669

Thats how carmax wants to do business. They train their employees constantly about customer service, and carmax wants a very good voc (voice of the customer) but in reality, carmax just is interested in numbers and profits.

Eastchester, New York, United States #688388

Working for carmax was a nightmare come true.

Eastchester, New York, United States #687213

Your exactly right on target with your complaint, anonymous!I truly believe that corporate loves the power and loves to make our jobs harder.

These people have ego's like you would not believe.The great thing is, when they all die, they cant take their money!

Leesburg, Florida, United States #686890

Wow, I was a potential customer, but after hearing all this about the leadership at this specific site...I will take my business elsewhere.

I hope this issue/situation gets better and leaders > lead, coach and mentor!!