Fort Myers, Florida

I decided to purchase a car from Carmax after getting approved through Roadloans.com, They recommended Carmax to me and after doing some research i found a car i liked and began the process to purchase the car from Carmax. The car was a 2013 fiat 500 abarth with under 17k miles on it, after purchasing the car and owning it for just under 4 months many issues started to arise with the vehicle the fiat spent a total of 2 months in my local swfl fiat dealer with a head fiat tech explaining the car was unfixable with an internal electrical issue, after contacting Carmax and explaining my frustration i was told i could trade the car in due to it being past the 5 day money back guarantee, i was not pleased with this answer so i contacted the corporate office and explained the situation resulting in me meeting the gm of the local Carmax dealer and he was able to buy the car back minus the negative owed for tax tag and title, so reluctant from past experience i accepted and proceeded to give Carmax another chance, i ended up finding a car which i always dreamed of owning a 2014 mustang 5.0 manual, and proceeded to purchase this vehicle for my replacement.

After the deal was over i took the car on a small road trip about 300 miles round trip and noticed the car had some serious shifting issues and would not go into gear with ease, after contacting the gm and local store explaining the problem they advised to bring the car back asap. After making it back home the mustang was towed back to Carmax due to the clutch/transmission failure, at this point i am very unhappy that my 2nd car was a bust and i am in need of reliable transportation. so i decided to take a different approach and go with a normal everyday driver not a sports car from Carmax, so my adviser showed me a 2013 ford focus se automatic, with 40k miles. now at first i was very scared of owing this car due to it being used as a rental car its whole life but my sales rep explained the 120 point inspection and the car was certified to be in perfect working order, that turned out to be false.

after owning the car 2 months the clutch in the transmission completely gave out and the car was in some serious need of repairs. this is my 3rd car i purchased from Carmax all 3 resulting in problems, i brought the focus back to Carmax and explained my issues and i just wanted to trade it in without me causing anymore headaches for the gm. sadly they could not get me approved for financing due to them appraising the car for less then what i purchased it for 2 months earlier.

i was forced to borrow money from my girlfriends dad and i ended up selling the car back to Carmax and paying off the different with a credit car to remove myself from the poisonous Carmax all together. i do not recommend my worst enemy to buy a car or any vehicle for that matter from Carmax ever, was the worst car buying experience i have ever dealt with.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carmax Vehicle Inspection.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Carmax Cons: Poor quality in vehicles.

Comments

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times....?!

#1119542

I am glad I read these reviews. we were looking on carmax website for a vehicle to buy.

I will never even consider looking there again. Thanks for posting your experience with them.

Not once, not twice, but three times? Sounds like it was more your issue than their's.

Two words. Extended warranty.

Carmax Reviews