Carmax - Dishonest from the start!!!

70 of 612 Carmax Reviews
Nov 07, 2013
review #456447

I bought my very first car at Carmax in Hartford CT.I was so proud of my Jaguar S-Type.

My sales person assured me that it was a good car and told me they went through a list of possible issues and everything checked out. I felt confident and happy about the decision I was making. So what did I do..I bought the car. 3 weeks later my ball joints needed to be replaced.

I thought that was odd since ball joints was the very first thing on that list that they supposedly had checked out. One month later my rotors and my gas cap had issues. From the time I purchased the car to the time the car died (3 Years in total) I had 17 problems with the car. 3 time I had to have my thermostat and thermostat housing replaced and re-done.

Oh and something that might make you laugh, although it was not funny at the time) I took my Jaguar there to have them do the oil change and they FORGOT TO PUT THE DIPSTICK BACK IN MY CAR!!!!!!! I was livid! They told oh yea we have the dipstick for your car must have been forgetfulness on the part of one of the mechanics. Buying a car from Carmax was the worst decision I had ever made!

They are terrible! They are liars!

Do not and i repeat do not buy a car from Carmax.I have never regretted anything more!

87029b7
Had an experience with Carmax?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
70 of 612 Carmax Reviews
Bill

Nov 28, 2013 Hartford, Connecticut

Well, that car is known for having loads of problems. Just because you bought it from carmax doesn't mean that it magically won't develop future problems which normally happen to that car.

But still, forgetting to put the dipstick back in the car after an oil change is unexcusable

0 0 Reply
ringleader

Nov 08, 2013 Washington, District Of Columbia

I am willing to bet you wont be recommending carmax to your friends anonymous! The sales person assured you everything checked out in the 125 point inspection, but he/she doesn't really know that for sure. Maybe they did do the inspection, BUT in my opinion they didn't fix all that was needed to be fixed. They waited for you to have problems with it, then bring it back. Ah, the carmax way. So the bottom line is your pretty pissed off!

0 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about Carmax.
Filing a new complaint about
×